Welcome to 12 Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron
Are you 12 or older?
Do you want to meet new friends?
Do you want to try new challenges?
Do you want to have fun?
Then we have just the thing for youa
Become an Air Cadet!
What does it cost to join Air Cadets?
There are no registration fees or dues to join the Cadet Program. Upon joining, uniforms and accoutrements are provided free of charge while you are actively enrolled in 12 RCACS. Cadets and parents are encouraged to participate in and contribute to fundraising on behalf of the Local Sponsoring Committee and League, to offset costs not covered by the Department of National Defence
To join, a youth must:
- Have reached their 12th birthday; however, have not reached their 19th Birthday
- Be able to legally reside in Canada through a Student Visa, Work Visa, Permanent Residency, or Canadian Citizenship.
- Be able to supply an original piece of government issued ID, such as a birth certificate or immigration card, as proof of identity
- Be able to supply an original, Alberta Health Care card or Federal Health Care Card
To enroll your son or daughter into 12 Squadron:
Please come in and see us on our parade night, we will be happy to answer any questions you may have and to provide you with the required application forms.
Check out our location information
- Fill out an Application for Membership in the Canadian Sea, Army or Air Cadets Form (requires parent/guardian and applicant signatures) CF 1158
- Bring the applicant's birth certificate and Alberta Health Care Card (A photocopy of both will be made and kept on file for the entirety of the cadet's career)
Please find below the basic form required for the enrollment process:
- CF 1158 - Application for Membership in the Canadian Sea, Army or Air Cadets
You can print this form off on your own or go to the office and receive a recruiting package from the Administration Officer.
In addition to the forms you will need to bring the following items:
- Provincial or Federal Health Care Card
- Government Issue Identification
If you do not have either or both of these items please speak with the Administration Officer as there may be an alternatives. Please note, certain individual situations may require further documentation which will be provided by the Administration Section.
Please check out or Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
If you have any further questions, please contact 12 Edmonton Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY CADETS WHO ENROLL PAST JANUARY 31, THERE IS INSUFFICIENT TIME TO MEET ALL THE REQUIRED TRAINING ITEMS AND MAY HAVE TO COMPLETE THE TRAINING LEVEL IN THE FOLLOWING YEAR.